7 Ways To Save On Your Electrical Bills in (2022)
Updated: Feb 2, 2022
Monthly electric bills can be pretty aggressive if we don’t learn what and how we can manage. Taking the right actions can result in savings every month, and at KR Electric we take pride in being the best electricians in Saskatchewan, not only because of our professionalism, quality, and efficient service but also because our main priority is the customer’s satisfaction and well-being. That is why we always make sure to work along with you to help you plan your growth for the future and save a lot of money in the long run.
With 14 years of success across Saskatchewan and Western Canada, we have learned a few tricks on how you can save on your electrical bills in 2022.
Let’s dive right in...
Here are 7 things you can do to reduce the energy consumption in your residence, business or farm:
1. Use proper light bulbs - one of the biggest things you can do to help your electrical bills is to replace your home light bulbs with LEDs or compact fluorescent bulbs. Each light fixture has specifications regarding the bulbs that should be used with it, and if you don’t have the right match, it will result in wasted energy. Adding the right bulb to the fixture guarantees 100% higher energy efficiency.
2. Think about a smart thermostat - the easiest way to save money on energy is by turning down the home or office thermostat when heat is not needed. The beauty of the smart thermostat is that you can make all necessary changes from your phone, wherever you are. It is easier to set heating changes and completely customize your needs. These devices are created to deliver energy savings.
3. Pay attention to your windows - do they need an upgrade? Windows replacement is a costly service, but it is a wise investment in the long run. Living in Canada and dealing with extremely low temperatures, means that before taking any extra energy-saving measures, we need to ensure that the foundations are covered. Outdated windows will result in heat escape through the winter months, and ultimately - higher electrical bills.
4. Disconnect the electronics you aren’t using - leaving plugged electronics when they aren’t in use results in unnecessary energy consumption. Unplugging kitchen appliances, computers, phone chargers, and electronics will not only save you money but also avoid the possibility of electric shock, and starting a fire in your property.
5. Invest in home electrical inspection - especially if you are considering moving into a new home, office, or farm, we highly recommend getting an electrical inspection. Old wiring is not only inefficient but also very dangerous. Our highly trained professionals can help you reduce the risk of fire along with your monthly bills.
6. Check the status of your roof - just like outdated windows, the roof is another way for the heat to escape. Bad insulation usually leads to heat loss. We can take a look at your attic and roof and identify if there are areas that need upgrading.
7. Furnace maintenance - it’s important to regularly have your furnace inspected to ensure that it is properly running. If neglected, it might result in inefficient running, which of course leads to increased energy usage and higher electric bills. We can help with that!!
Looking into your energy consumption habits and making the right kind of investments in your home, office, or farm will ultimately result not only in thousands of dollars in savings but also in a safe for you and your family/team environment. At KR Electric, we are known to be Top in the industry Electricians who specialize in Agriculture, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial areas, and providing you with efficient and high-quality electrical services is our main goal. We serve the areas of North Battleford, Battleford, Hafford, Wilkie, Edam, Cut Knife, but we are available in all Saskatchewan and Western Canada.
Call us today and let us help you with all of your electrical needs - 306.441.8727.